Data, privacy, and security for Super AI Service
This article provides details regarding how data provided by you to the Azure OpenAI service is processed, used, and stored. Azure OpenAI stores and processes data to provide the service and to monitor for uses that violate the applicable product terms.
Your prompts (inputs) and completions (outputs), your embeddings, and your training data:
- are NOT available to other customers.
- are NOT available to OpenAI or any third party LLM host
- are NOT used to improve Super AI models.
- are NOT used to improve any Super AI or 3rd party products or services.
- are NOT used for automatically improving Super AI models for your use in your resource (The models are stateless, unless you explicitly fine-tune models with your training data).
- Your fine-tuned Super AI models are available exclusively for your use.
Our AI system is hosted within the Super AI Azure Environment. Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft, known for its robustness and security features. By using the Super AI Azure Environment, we benefit from advanced security measures and scalability options provided by Azure.The Super AI Service is fully controlled by Super AI; and the Service does NOT interact with any services operated by OpenAI (e.g. ChatGPT, or the OpenAI API) or google (Vertex AI) unless requested.
Data Prompts are processed to exclude personal data and no prompts or generations are stored in the model. Additionally, prompts and generations are not used to train, retrain, or improve the base models. It stores
- No Personal Data: We've taken stringent measures to ensure that the prompt inputs are free from any personal, confidential, or sensitive information.
- Metrics Used: The data we process mainly revolves around non-identifying campaign metrics. These include the Click-Through Rate (CTR), the total number of Impressions, and the count of Clicks. These metrics provide insights into campaign performance without revealing any individual's personal information.
Super AI uses proprietary text to code and other technologies developed in-house. This below is an extent of our process to give user some idea about the technology
- Native NLP Technology: Our primary technology is a proprietary Native NLP (Natural Language Processing) system. This system is adept at understanding and translating business-level queries into specific database queries. This ensures that our AI can accurately fetch the required data based on user queries without manual intervention.
- Additional Technologies: Alongside our Native NLP, we've integrated a suite of technologies, including Falcon, Mistral, LLama, and other LLM variations. These technologies enhance the AI's capabilities, allowing it to process information more efficiently and accurately.
Super AI processes the following types of data:
- Prompts and generated content. Prompts are submitted by the user, and content is generated by the service, via the completions, chat completions, images and embeddings operations.
- Augmented data included with prompts. When using the "on your data" feature, the service retrieves relevant data from a configured data store and augments the prompt to produce generations that are grounded with your data.
- Training & validation data. You can provide your own training data consisting of prompt-completion pairs for the purposes of fine tuning a Super AI model
Privacy & confidentiality protections guidelines are put in place during model deployment in our various plans depending on the preference
- Anonymized Data: The datasets we use for the test scope have been processed to remove any identifying details. This anonymization ensures that individual identities or sensitive details cannot be inferred from the data.
- Commitment to Privacy: Our primary objective is to uphold the highest standards of data privacy and confidentiality. By using anonymized datasets and ensuring no personal data enters or exits the system, we maintain a secure environment throughout the test scope.